Sunday, February 14, 2016

NGISS

Major take away

NGSS allows students to experience a phenomena first hand by engaging in hand on experiments. I think this is the only way that science should be taught in the classroom. NGSS gives meaning to learning and gets kids excited about going into the world and experiencing more. Hands on learning allows give teaching the opportunity to assess the students without formulating a a written summative test.


Implications for classroom

I will most definitely initiate NGSS into my future classroom. Even if my curriculum makes me teach from a textbook, I will accompany lessons with NGSS standards.

Shift in my understanding

Based on my own experience, the science concepts I understand the most from my past are those that were accompanied by an experiment. This being said, before watching these videos I thought that the best way to teach was by hand on activities to model concepts, but now i know that there is a built in set of standards to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment