Thinking is a very complicated concept if you attempt to
divulge into it. I did an activity yesterday in class where I had to find my
name in a group of names in the class, but the tricky part is that the names
were made up entirely of symbols. Because
I am a fluent reader I never have to break apart my reading strategies and
decode words. The thinking I used to decode the symbols and translate to my
name made me realize the complicated process that my students go through when
they read. I believe when someone knows ho to think, they are able to explain
their thought process.
How does a teacher teach a student how to think?
A teacher teaches a student how to think by breaking apart
their thought process. A teacher does this by knowing the student to be able to
advocate for themselves and how they process information. A teacher should
challenge student’s conceptual thinking by having to explain their opinions and
answers to problems in order to become fluent thinkers.
Have you ever been in a class where you really had think?
The classes that are the most difficult to me require the
most thinking. When I was a business major I had to take microeconomics. This
class stands out to me as the hardest class I have taken because I could not
properly process and relate to the material. This subject was also foreign to
me before college, so being exposed to the content for the first time ever
proved to be difficult to master.
No comments:
Post a Comment